Tuesday, December 14, 2010

10 Days, 7 Hours, 49 Minutes...

...it's the countdown to Christmas.

Since we've been here, I've heard Christmas music (lots!), seen decorated trees, passedby ginger bread houses and chocolate Santa Claus' and even saw a carved wood replication of the Last Supper. For a minute, if you get caught up in it, you begin to lead your thoughts to draw a parallel to the freedoms of religion and others celebrations in the US. However, this morning's paper reminded me that I live in a nation where these threats are not imminent.

The Jakarta Globe: FPI Promises No Disruptions Over Christmas

Adult lesson learned, simple, but true...no one should have to live in fear, and I can help control that - merely by my actions. As an American, I need to remember, respect and actively help different cultures residing in the US experience the freedom on which we have built our nation. There's no room for something as simple as a judgment, even in my mind - my own personal thoughts.

Signing off for the morning...thankful for this wonderful experience.

Kimberly
Washington State

1 comment:

  1. What reminders does Kimberly receive from reading the Jakarta Globe? Greeting : Telkom University

    ReplyDelete