Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Packing Drama

So, inquiring minds want to know about the packing drama. You asked, so here it goes...

I have a clothes rack in that garage that I put clothes on to air dry. The rack made it to the living room on Saturday night, where is has become a semi-permanent structure. I began hanging potential clothes on it. Then I hung more, and more, and more. Then I felt overwhelmed. By Sunday morning, I was noticing an emotional packing breakdown coming on, and unlike migraines...there's no medication for that (accept to go shopping...'cuz that makes sense!)

In all seriousness, my greatest concerns revolved around respecting Indonesia's cultural traditions,   dignitaries, and predominant religious practices. As well, it is personally important to me to maintain modesty and professionalism. I take my responsibilities seriously and so I'm proud to be a member of this delegation.

Oh, did I mention that it's about 85 degrees in Indonesia right now with 77% humidity and I don't do so well in warm places with three layers of clothes on....AND I was trying to do it all in one piece of luggage weighing no more than 50lbs...AND I need to pack gifts...AND...see how worked up I got myself??? That's when Zack sent me an e-mail that talked me off the ledge and brought things back into perspective.

I'm now ready to go and the packing drama is behind me...for now...because the clothes aren't actually in the suitcase yet!!!!

Kimberly
Washington State

2 comments:

  1. Nicole Young--MississippiDecember 9, 2010 at 8:29 AM

    Hilarious! I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole Young--MississippiDecember 9, 2010 at 8:41 AM

    BTW: I read all of your profiles and I don't mind admitting, I'm a little intimidated. I seem to be the least accomplished of the bunch. I'm still not sure how I got chosen for this trip, but ever more grateful that I did. I hope I have something to contribute to these serious discussions scheduled. I suppose my observations of a small MS government will help a bit.

    I'm off for a long walk on the OS/Biloxi bridge to get some exercise before a weekend of sitting in chairs and seats.

    ReplyDelete